Thursday 1 May 2008

Long Time No Blog!

I am not dead - at least I don't think so :: pinching myself ::. Yes, I felt that, probably still alive then!

Sorry I haven't blogged for so long. Pinky insisted my computer needed a complete reinstallation, which involved reformatting the hard drives and reinstalling WindowsXP and all my programs and files. Ahem... Installation went OK. Files OK. Programs. Where are all my programs? They're here, but are they wo
rking properly? Not so much. Pinky is now known as the CTO, hahaha!*

I'm still gradually getting my programs back in. It's taking, like, a squillion years. I love my computer but all this has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. Besides which Planet Black Cat is rather in the doldrums at the moment. I haven't even managed to read many blogs or leave comments, even to those who have kindly left comments on my last posting. I'm slapping my wrists and promising to try to do better. I still love you all though!


I've been to the human v-e-t today because my eyes have gone all gummy and itchy. Oh, sorry, that might be too much information. I felt so dizzy on the way there I nearly fell over twice. The doctor took my blood pressure and it was quite high, so what with one thing and another she wants me to have some tests so I have to go back tomorrow (coz Friday is the day the phlebotomist visits the surgery) to have my blood stolen. I shall probaby feel even dizzier after that, haha!

Some cats have asked why I have a sleeping
snail on the wall outside my front door:




It's been there for several months but I don't think it can be dead because if it was, wouldn't all its sticky stuff have dried up, causing it to fall off the wall? I don't know, but I heard recently that snails can sleep for three years! However, as this was a Steve Wright factoid, it may or may not be true...

xxx




*Computer Torture Operative

17 comments:

Daisy said...

I wondered where you went! I'm glad you came back.

I feel sad, because I am almost certain your pet snail could be deaded. I think their insides dry up and form a sort of glue which keeps him adhered to the wall.

Babs (Beetle) said...

Ooh poor snail. It's not nice when you have to clean up your PC.

Purrs, Sukie X

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope you get your computer back up and running as it should. And I hope that you feel better.

Team Tabby said...

We missed seeing you around too. Hope the BP gets sorted out soon. We've had computer problems now and then. You are right it's a nuisance to get it tuned just the way you like it and all that. Good to hear from you.

Sasha said...

I sympathize Black Cat, as I have problems with my bean and the computer too. I haven't seen a snail. Lynettea says the lizards ate them a long time ago before I was born. How does she know that? I saw a lizard though. There is a picture of it somewhere on my blog. I have to have it as a Not of my Species Friend. It wasn't all that nice to me and I haven't seen it for a long time.

Ivan from WMD said...

I was going to say what Daisy already said about your snail. I have many snail pals here. But sometimes there's just a shell left!

I hope you feel better soon. Maybe the pc gave you a virus. Ha ha ha ha!

MaoMao said...

Welkome back, Black Cat! It's great to see ya! I'm sorry you hadded to go to the human vet. I hope you feel bettur soonies.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Wow, snails can sleep for three years? That would be amazing! I sleep a lot, but not nearly that much! *smile*

I hope you're feeling better soon! I'm glad you're back.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

hello again black cat.
luv--jh

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

We hope your trip to the vet goes well. We will be purrrring for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back hope you feel better soon :)

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi!! It;s been a while since I've visited too so don't feel bad :0
I hope all will be good when you get your test results back !!
I see you had snow!! That must have been something!!!! WOW!!
Take care of yourself,K!!

Purrs Mickey

dennis said...

Dennis thinks your snail has gone across the rainbow bridge. Bye bye snail.

The Cat Realm said...

I agree with Daisy that the snail probably is dead... Daisy is an expert on all sorts of critters!
We are bad with the visiting and commenting too.... It is time consuming and unfortunately our staff has still other things to do than just help us blogging....

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh Black Cat!!! A deader den a doornail slug???? (Oh whoops... didz I say slug??? I meants Snail.) Umm.. I tinks you can eats deze tingz... at leastee dey dooz in Frane. Of coursee dey also dances witout pants in France, so I woulnda be countin' on dem to do anyting abouts yer snail problump.

PS: We're glad you surfast... evfun fur a bit. We lovez you.

Kissez,
Dr Tweety

Isis said...

Hopefully the second trip to the human v-e-t will go ok, other than having your blood stolen and they'll decide not to have you put down for a little while yet! ;) I have a trip to the human v-e-t's booked for next week, plus some torture at the hands of the asthma nurse to follow... I too hope to be let off with just some moans and groans, but fear I'm facing shoulder surgery later this year... :( Much of the reason for putting of the visit in the first place! ;)

The Cat Mummy

meemsnyc said...

Sorry to hear about your computer problems! That is a strange about that snail.. I wonder if it is still sleeping.