Saturday 17 May 2008

Bloods and Knees and Moribund Monitors

I finally got the result of my blood tests. Nobody had rung me coz they couldn't read the doctor's writing and had to get her to decipher it when she came into the surgery yesterday. Anyhoo, all normal. Phew, relief! Still don't know why I'm feeling so weak and yucky though... I do feel a bit better since it got cooler and my eyes have cleared up, so I'm very glad about that.

Meanwhile my lovely flat-screen monitor that Pinky bought me keeps going all dead. It started on Thursday by going all black suddenly. I switched it off and on again and it was fine for the rest of the day. Then yesterday it kept going off and finally, although it struggled to come back on, it wouldn't. I was in the middle of posting a comment on Dr Tweety's blog at the time! I had no alternative but to turn the computer off at its switch coz obviously I couldn't see to exit gracefully. Pinky came round to help and told me that his had been doing exactly the same thing! His monitor is the same make and model as mine, though they are slightly different ages. We thought that was a bit of a coincidence. He got the screen more or less stabilised and then performed some more torture on my computer... ::sigh::.

This morning it kept going off again, so I left it for a while and after a few ons and offs it settled down again and has stayed on, touch wood
::touching head::.

In other news, if you are as mad as I am and are interested, my knees have made it into Alex Lester's Slap My Top Knees Gallery, which you can view here. It's early days yet so hopefully more will be added. It doesn't seem to be limited to Brits so even if you live outside the U.K. and you feel like doing something daft, why not send him a pic of your bean's knees plus an approximately 40-word biography of them and their hopes for the future at
alex.lester@bbc.co.uk. The only rule is that the knees have to be at least 18 years old. I'm not sure if it is species specific. If not, then I guess the age limit would have to be adjusted for other species. I'm glad to say that my knees are not the only, or the most, scarred of the bunch, lol!

I have some pictures to post showing why I haven't beaten Pinky up for torturing my computer but I'm afraid they'll have to wait for another day as I need to get read for
Dr Who, woo hoo!

Have a lovely weekend efurryone:) xxx

6 comments:

Daisy said...

I am very glad that your bloods are good! We got a new flatscreen monitor a few years ago and it did the same thing with my Mommie's computer! She had to switch monitors with my Daddie and it worked fine with his computer.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am glad your bloodwork was good but sorry that your electronics are not so hot!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

lissen to dis ... mi compyooter wuzzen't werkin at all dis mornin ... but mi mom fixed it becuz she'z so smart! (wid da help uv some techi on da phone.)
i wuz laffin an laffin at da kneez.
luv--jh

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi! Thank you so much for visiting our blog and leaving such a wonderful compliment! We had to come and visit you!

We are so happy that your bloodwork is good. Mommy had computer problems about two weeks ago...not fun!

The kneez are too funny!!!

Anita said...

We are glad your bloodwork was good.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Don't imagine your flat screen would be a Philips? Mine goes black occasionally, for reason unknown but so far not when I was actually using it. Sure hope it never decides to stay off.